Saturday, December 20, 2014

Easy DIY Wall Art

I finished decorating my tree weeks ago, but in my shopping adventures since then I found a couple extra ornaments that were too cute to leave behind. So instead of finding a spot for them on the tree,  I decided to do something else fun with them!
I found the ornaments at Canadian Tire, but I also saw the exact same deer one at Hudson's Bay later so it might be available at stores in the US too if they were manufactured overseas!

All you need to make one of these is a frame, an ornament, some wrapping paper (or maybe scrapbook paper) and some hot glue.


First thing I did was pop the glass out of the frame.


Then I wrapped the frame in the wrapping paper, making sure the front side was perfectly flat to avoid any wrinkles.



I used a set of pliers to remove the hook on the top of the ornament.


Then I glued him on.
Don't worry about messing up on this part, because it's easy to just re-wrap the frame! 
You can also really easily pull the ornament off and stick it onto a different pattern later.



Here's how it looks on the wall.


I decided to go with something a little different for the moose.




That's it! 

post signature

13 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed! Where are the ornaments from?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, don't answer that! I was actually read the post lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. so cute and easy; that's my kinda craft!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how these look! When I saw them on Instagram I was wondering where you had found them at, but now I see how truly easy they are to create.

    Thank you so much for posting :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So creative! noticed I was blocked on IG and of course always wonder why? It's fine, but just know, I have always try to be nice and if I offended in any way, I am sincerely sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is ADORABLE! So easy but looks super cute and expensive.
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this so much! I might have to go search out those ornaments and do this for next year!

    xo Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! I found your blog and added it to my BlogLovin feed! I'm seriously so in love with these ornaments, I could die! So so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my gosh I love those!! So trendy but I love your DIY versions.

    www.wedressalright.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. How creative! I love how you simply don't let any unused ornament go to waste. Recycling those as wall art is a great way to keep your home looking unique. I'm sure the bloggers who stumbled upon your post will excessively be making those for a long time. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing that wonderful idea, Ashton! Kudos and all the best to you! :)

    Francesco Calabrese @ The Creative Metal Studio

    ReplyDelete
  11. Really i am glad to see this big store. here is a all necessary product so i want to going there. Also i want to include one think if you do remove the background form images so it's looking more gorgeous. Maybe day by day increase your sell. Thank so much for your innovative idea.

    ReplyDelete