Sunday, December 14, 2014

Double Chocolate Candy Cane Cookies

A few times in December, I make it a priority to spend the whole day baking.

 I'm not much of a baker the rest of the year, but I just love holiday themed baking! 
Peppermint everything and all kinds of cookies are my favourite things to make.
I tried this recipe from A Pumpkin and a Princess last year and it turned out SO well! 
However, this time around I made a couple of small tweaks and I enjoyed them a lot more. 
Here's her recipe with a couple small additions!

Ingredients

1 cup unsalted butter, softened (I used salted butter and then just left out the addition of salt later)
1 1/2 cups sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp peppermint extract
2 cups all purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt (I left this out)
1 1/2 cups chocolate chunks (I used sweet baking chocolate)
1/2 cup candy cane pieces

Instructions:

Preheat oven to 350.
Beat butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla and peppermint until light and fluffy.
In a large bowl stir together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt.
Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture until well combined.
Stir in chocolate chunks.
Use cookie scoop to drop cookies onto ungreased baking sheet. (Mine was thick enough that I just used my hands and rolled it into balls.)
Press candy cane pieces on top.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes.
(At this point I sprinkled smaller candy cane pieces on top...that way they stuck to the warm cookie but didn't melt completely. Makes them a little prettier!)
Cool slightly then transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
    post signature

2 comments:

  1. these cookie sound yummy. I'm done with my baking for now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really i am glad to see this big store. here is a all necessary product so i want to going there. Also i want to include one think if you do remove the background form images so it's looking more gorgeous. Maybe day by day increase your sell. Thank so much for your innovative idea.

    ReplyDelete