Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Staying warm with some help from Ricki's

Although the first official day of winter isn't until December 21, us Canadians have come to understand that around here, winter pretty much starts on November 1. Mother Nature held true to this tradition, delivering us a dump of snow and freezing temperatures.
I'm not complaining, because we had the most beautiful fall here in Alberta that I can personally remember, but that still doesn't make winter any easier to welcome!

Lucky for me, I was recently given the opportunity to work with Ricki's, one of my favourite Canadian retailers, to pick out a few things to style from their current collection!
Seeing as I went shopping on a day when the windchill was -29C, I decided to go with something that would keep me warm but still be fashionable...and I chose this gorgeous coat!



I just love the pattern and the high, cozy collar. It's appropriately named the Belted Pillow Collar Coat! 
Did I mention it's currently 40% off?



I couldn't help but pair the coat with some fun jewels. 
I love statement earrings for winter...they give my outfits some sparkle while my necklaces are hidden by scarves or high collared coats, like this one!




I also picked up a pair of these amazing leggings...I love the quilted, faux leather panel down the side!
They're super soft and comfortable, and the best part, they come in size XS all the way up to XXL and they fit true to size!

Jacket (c/o Ricki's) 40% off until November 12 / Leggings (c/o Ricki's) also love these / Earrings (c/o Ricki's) / Bracelets (c/o Ricki's) / Clutch / Boots (old) (similar)

I'm will also be giving away a $50 Gift Card to Ricki's!
Watch my Instagram, @ashtonwearsthings, for details!

Thanks for stopping by,
post signature

5 comments:

  1. This jacket is so chic! You look amazing! Glad you are blogging again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look amazing! You are braving the cold in style!

    Michaela || The Monogrammed Midwesterner

    ReplyDelete
  3. That coat is just fabulous! It looks so warm and cozy and I am loving the pattern :)

    Tori
    FashionBlingGirlyThings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay - it's so nice to see you're back to blogging!!

    I love the winter outfit....but wow, those temps are FREEZING!! I think it's moving its way east though...

    xo Jackie
    Something About That

    ReplyDelete